In this day and age, almost all potential home buyers begin their home buying search online. With that in mind, it comes as no surprise that 83% of home buyers have said that photos are a very important factor when looking at homes on the internet.
Virtual staging is a cost-effective and convenient tool to make those ever-so-important pictures have the impact needed to sell a home quickly.
In this article, we will discuss what virtual staging is, pros and cons, and how to execute it properly to maximize the value of a listing.
What is Virtual Staging?
Home staging involves hiring a company to bring stylish furniture into a home, replacing the items that the owner currently has or furnishing an empty property, in an attempt to increase property value and decrease the time a listing is on the market.
Virtual staging is when home staging is executed by the use of digital images of homes and utilizing editing software to add in furnishings and decor. With this staging technique, empty rooms can be changed to fully furnished.
Rooms that have some furnishings can have finishing touches applied or extra clutter wiped out, all at the touch of a button.
Pros and Cons of Virtual Staging
Let's take a look at some of the pros and cons of having your home virtually staged.
- Virtual staging is most certainly a cost-effective way to go.
- The average cost of having your home staged with physical furniture is $300 to $600 for the initial consult and $500 to $600 per month per staged room.
- The average cost of virtual staging is around $100 to $300 per room.
- It allows for a room to be virtually converted in a photo to serve a different purpose.
- For example, virtual staging techniques can change a brightly colored kid's room to a more subdued colored room with a desk to serve as an office to appeal to different potential buyers.
- A great benefit of having a listing virtually staged is that it can be completed while the owner is still living at the home. Items can be temporarily moved to allow for a photo of an empty room and then put right back until the home sells.
- Virtual staging removes the need to have a room painted or clutter cleared prior to the home being listed.
- If not done professionally, furniture items can look distorted and strange, so it is important to use experienced agents when listing your home and using virtual staging.
- If not clearly noted in the listing, it can make prospective buyers feel misled when arriving at an empty home.
Virtual Staging Can Make the Difference in Your Listing
It's obvious based on the research that staging a home for listing photos increases sales price and decreases the time the listing is on the market. This study showed that the majority of realtors saw a 1% to 10% increase in sales price when the listing was staged.
With that in mind, why wouldn't you ask your Yuma real estate agent to have your home virtually staged?